Building A Home?
There are many great install options for insulating new homes.
Fiberglass batt insulation is most-commonly thought of when the word “insulation” comes to mind. One of the original types of insulation developed, fiberglass insulation is composed primarily of natural ingredients such as sand and recycled glass products. Fiberglass is the most widely used home insulator and is also used to reduce noise transfer from room to room.
Our fiberglass insulation offers the following benefits:
- Thermally efficient and comes in a variety of R-values
- Excellent acoustics
- Unfaced batts are noncombustible
- Won’t settle over time, ensuring it will maintain its R-value for the life of its use
- GREENGUARD® Children & Schools Certified
Fiberglass batts can be installed in both attics and walls of new homes. After installing unfaced batts in walls, these batts are covered with vapor retarder.
Homeowners may choose to upgrade to MemBrain™ SMART Vapor Retarder in lieu of a traditional vapor barrier. MemBrain™ SMART Vapor Retarder is a polyamide film that changes its permeability by actually adjusting to seasonal climatic changes, providing better moisture control in a home.
Fiberglass blowing insulation is used in residential and commercial construction as a thermal and sound absorbing insulation. Fiberglass blow-in insulation is blown in attics of new homes and can be installed in closed walls of existing homes in a retrofit application.
Blow-in insulation provides better coverage than traditional batt insulation, allowing the product to fill even the smallest areas. It is thermally efficient, does not settle and provides excellent sound control.
Fiberglass blow-in insulation:
- Is noncorrosive
- Won't decay over its lifetime
- Is made of materials that do not naturally attract moisture and do not support fungus growth
- Is formaldehyde free
The OPTIMA Blown-in-Blanket (BIB) System from CertainTeed gives homes a custom-designed, seamless, thermally efficient sound-reducing blanket that completely fills any void. OPTIMA is a blown-in insulation that is installed in walls of new construction. It is a fiberglass insulation that is blown behind special OPTIMA fabric then covered with a vapor retarder. Once installed, drywall is hung and wall construction is finished.
Benefits of the OPTIMA BIB system include:
- Product is blown in dry. Product does not contribute to moisture build up in walls.
- No drying required. The product is immediately ready for drywall.
- Thermally efficient—fills voids for higher R-Values per inch
- Excellent sound control
- Little dust with quick clean-up
- Provides a uniform application and won’t settle
- GREENGUARD® Children & Schools Certified and is formaldehyde-free
The BIBs Hybrid System
Installation of the BIBs Hybrid System combines the performance benefits of the Blow-in-Blanket® System and spray polyurethane foam. The BIBs Hybrid System
- Saves Energy - this enhanced insulation system combines a continuous air barrier through installation of a thin layer of spray foam and the complete coverage of a BIB system, lowering the energy and fossil fuel demand of the home, which can save on heating and cooling costs
- Sound Control - reduces unwanted outside noise
- Improves Indoor Air Quality - including a continuous air barrier through the addition of spray foam helps reduce pathways for moisture, outdoor allergens, pollutants and pests
- Professionally Installed - can be installed only by a certified BIBS HP contractor
- Conforms to standard construction practices - increases R-values in standard stud cavities
CalculatorsUse our Insulation Calculators to determine the amount of insulation you require, plus the energy savings you'll receive!Use Calculators
Energy HouseLearn how upgrading insulation and sealing air leaks can save money on energy bills!View the Energy House
- I am very pleased with the work your two crews did… on the attics and today on the basement sill boxes. I'd be happy to be a reference if ever needed...Read More
- Thank you very much for your caring service - all of you. I know Pat had extra duty speaking with my friends, calming my own fears. The two "worker bees" were careful considerate and went the extra mile...Read More
- Thank you so much for your great work! Aaron and Nick were prompt, courteous and very professional. I'm very happy I chose Rockweiler...Read More