Air sealing helps heated and cooled air stay inside your home by closing the gaps that leak air. Sealing your building envelope is comparable to closing a window before running the air conditioning. As a standard service, Rockweiler Insulation performs basic air sealing on all insulation projects. A complete air sealing system will generate even better energy performance in your home or business.
According to the Department of Energy, having your home air sealed by a qualified contractor can save up to 20% on heating & cooling costs.
Beyond those easily spotted leaks, your home may have many other holes in its exterior that can’t be easily seen. Air leaks in attics, basements, and crawlspaces are typically bigger problems and allow greater amounts of energy to escape.
Air sealing your home (outer walls, ceiling, attic, windows, doors, and floors) is the most cost-effective way to improve energy efficiency and comfort. Having your home air sealed by a qualified contractor can result in significant savings on heating and cooling costs.
According to ENERGY STAR
- 60% of all air leaks are in an attic. As heat naturally rises and escapes through air leaks in an attic, the majority of your home’s heating and cooling dollars are lost.
- A home experiences 15% heating and cooling loss from air leaks and poor insulation in exterior walls.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency, in the United States buildings account for:
- 39 percent of total energy use
- 68 percent of total electricity consumption
- 38 percent of the carbon dioxide emissions
Controlling greenhouse gas emissions from buildings can have a dramatic impact on the environment.
We offer three levels of air sealing:
- Attic Air Seal package - consists of wrapping kneewalls and/or skylights with Tyvek and air sealing all attic penetrations from above including:
- PVC vent stack pipes
- all light/smoke alarm junction boxes
- interior soffit drops
- Advanced Air Seal Package - in addition to air sealing all attic penetrations from above, our advanced attic air seal package also includes spray foaming all interior & exterior wall top-plates.
- Advance Air Seal for Wall Cavities - exterior walls are air sealed before the insulation is installed. Any electrical boxes in the exterior walls get foamed as well.
CalculatorsUse our Insulation Calculators to determine the amount of insulation you require, plus the energy savings you'll receive!Use Calculators
Energy HouseLearn how upgrading insulation and sealing air leaks can save money on energy bills!View the Energy House
- I am very pleased with the work your two crews did… on the attics and today on the basement sill boxes. I'd be happy to be a reference if ever needed...Read More
- Thank you very much for your caring service - all of you. I know Pat had extra duty speaking with my friends, calming my own fears. The two "worker bees" were careful considerate and went the extra mile...Read More
- Thank you so much for your great work! Aaron and Nick were prompt, courteous and very professional. I'm very happy I chose Rockweiler...Read More